- Warm up with some of the finest Cognac around from 6 to 8:30 p.m. on Monday, January 31 at Liquor.com's Exclusive Cognac Tasting at Brandy Library. Dizzy Fizz readers can enjoy a whopping $30 off the $45 ticket price with the code "DIZZZYFIZZ"--that's just $15 [yes, that's three Zs in Dizzy]! Sample 15-plus Cognacs including the Pierre Ferrand Selection des Anges, an average of 30 years old, along with gourmet cheeses and charcuterie.
- Voting is now underway to select which seminars will be on offer for the Manhattan Cocktail Classic, shaking up the city from May 13-17.
- The Counting Room in Williamsburg recently announced its new cocktail menu, streamlining its selection to five drinks which will all be pre-batched. Citrus will be left out of the batch and mixed per order to ensure freshness. Customers can still order bartender's choice from the full bar selection.
- To celebrate its new liquor license, Brooklyn Wine Exchange in Cobble Hill is declaring February "Mixology Month" and offering free classes on drink-making. The ABC's of Mixing Drinks with Audrey Saunders kicks off the series at 7 p.m. on February 2. Check out the full schedule here.
- And sometime this spring, Hoboken, NJ, is getting its first biergarten, and the owners include one of the founders of Radegast Hall in Williamsburg. The Pilsener Haus Biergarten, taking over a 10,000-square-foot old lighting factory, will have more than 18 beers on tap, authentic Austro-Hungarian fare, and live music.
*A previous version of this article said that the Rémy Martin Louis XIII would be sampled at Monday's event at Brandy Library. The brand has since been removed from the event.